Monday, October 22, 2012

Taking a Shot at Photography

How do you come back to blogging after a 5 month hiatus? You completely ignore the fact that you haven't even thought about your blog in 5 months and jump right back in! Duh!

First of all, yes, the pun in the title is intentional. So lamely funny - I know. Okay, so on with the blog! Last week I had the pleasure of doing something that I love but have never really pursued. Photography. As most of you know, my sister, Kelly is an incredible photographer. She started doing paid shoots when she was only 17 years old and her business has blossomed into an empire in the past 4 years. You can view her awesomeness here. Since Kelly has such a natural talent for photography, I would always refer all my friends to her. However, once she moved to California and obviously could not shoot here in Denton, I started playing with the idea of getting behind the camera myself and a couple months ago when an opportunity dropped in my lap, I happily jumped on it! I did a 30 minute test shoot of a 2 week old baby. He was such a precious little model - no crying, pooping, or peeing! I think he knew what an amateur I am and went easy on me. Here are my very favorite photos from his shoot. A huge shout out to Kelly for all the pointers she gave me, to Tiffany for hiring me and to Dad for letting me borrow his camera! 

Click the photo to view a larger image













Until next time.
~Katie


2 comments: