Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Trust. Let Go.

"Do not be anxious about anything but in all things, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." -Philippians 4:6
Do not worry ever about anything. You only need to let me know what you want and I will do what is best for you. Give it all up to me. Trust. Let go.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7
Do not worry. You are in my hands. I care for you. Let me take your anxiety, your worry, your fears. Hang them here upon the cross. Trust. Let go. 

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:19
I will handle it. I will take care of you. Does the sparrow not have his needs met? So too will I meet your needs. Trust. Let go. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight." -Proverbs 3: 5-6
You can't do it alone. You need me to guide you. I will not lead you astray. Don't you know that I love you? Trust. Let go.


"So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" -Hebrews 13:6
What is a man compared to God? I was mocked, hated, beaten, and even killed at the hands of men and yet I rose again. Do you not know they cannot hurt you with me at your side? I am your helper. You need not be afraid. Trust. Let go. 

Why do we fight Him so much? Why can't we just let go and let God? Why do we avidly insist that worrying will help whatever problems we come across in our daily lives? My assumption is that we are so far inferior to our Creator that we can't even begin to fathom how someone so powerful and incredible could care about our issues even one tiny ounce. We are human. Plain and simple. We are vain. Our humanity keeps us from the humility giving it all to Him requires. Starting today I am going to welcome that humility. I am going to trust. I am going to let go. I am going to allow myself to be lead for I know I will not be lead into harm. I am going to walk humbly with my God. "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" -Micah 6:8 



1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom. It is so hard to let go. I find that I can trust in some areas and not in others. I guess that is true for most people.

    ReplyDelete