Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl

Over the weekend my sister Kelly came over and did an in home studio photo session with me. It was an absolute blast! In high school Kayden and I used to be a "model" for Kelly quite frequently to help her build up her portfolio. Here is one of those pictures - taken April 2009.


Now Kelly totally doesn't need me to fill in the gaps because her portfolio is currently packed full of incredible photos of families, babies, college students, homeless men, brides, high school seniors and weddings. I felt so lucky to get to be on the front side of her camera this weekend again. It was just like the "old days".  Here are two of the pictures from Friday's shoot.



Okay, so now let's get to the part of this entry that will explain the title. But first, let me introduce you all to my dad.  He is a totally goob. He is silly and witty and can make anyone laugh. He is an incredible man who has been married to my mom for 25 years. 





He is a wonderful "Grampies" to his grandkids and he isn't nearly as much of a hard-ass as he'd like you to think he is. He is a hard worker who always has grease under his finger nails and is the only one around who knows exactly how to load the dish washer properly. 



One thing my dad is not though is a man of many words. He is sensitive but not horribly open or expressive about his feelings. That is he hasn't been until the other night when he called to tell me that he had seen the most recent pictures Kelly had taken of me. He wanted to tell me that he had always seen my inner beauty shine through but that seeing those pictures made him see my outer beauty more so than he ever had before. He said he just couldn't believe those pictures were of his daughter. Then, in a classic "dad" way, he ended with, "I know those weren't really you though and they were just some model Kelly picked up on the side of the road on the way to your house".  Needless to say he made me cry.....and then laugh. I think everyone loves hearing sweet things from the mouth of their father. Moments like that remind me that no matter how old I get, I'll always be (and long to remain) Daddy's little girl. 

I am putting all of this in my blog not to toot my own horn but to make sure that I never forget what my dad said to me. It really meant so much to me and I want to be sure I have it forever. Mom, I know you are having Dad read this so Dad, thank you. I love you so much. 

Thanks for reading! Until the next time I get around to writing....

If you want to view more of Kelly's photography or schedule a photo shoot of your own, you can search for "Kelly McCullough Photograhpy" on Facebook and "like" her page or go to her website: www.kellymcculloughphoto.com.


3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I think our dads are probably a lot alike, although mine has turned into a big softie who does not even pretend to be as tough as he used to. ;) We watched Courageous last night and I blubbered like a baby the whole time--not because I was sad but because I was so grateful to have the dad I do. We're lucky girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, ever since Kayden was born he has slowly been coming over to the softy side. Haha. I haven't seen that movie but I really need to. We are definitely VERY lucky girls to have awesome dads :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you have a box of kleenex handy! And yes, grandchildren, especially girls, seem to soften the tough daddies the most.

    ReplyDelete