Thursday, January 5, 2012

Denton Craigslist>Sale>Children>Female

"You know that place where you know you have to have a babysitter -meaning the TV and the movie Madagascar- watch your kids for an hour while you sneak a brownie in the kitchen and take a breather for fear that you are about to lose your last ounce of sanity and probably wind up listing them both with a "buy in bulk" discount on Craigslist?"


That was my status update on Facebook yesterday and I ended up with 11 glorious moms who commented saying they totally related. So my thoughts for today are going to be about that place that all moms come to  at some point or another where you just want to sell your kids on Craigslist or Ebay or -as one mom commented- just put them out on the curb with a sign that says "free". Oh and I would like to mention that since the kids are in bed for nap, I am happily stuffing my face with candy, right out in the open space of the living room. Aaaaaah. 


Okay, so what made yesterday one of "those" days? What didn't? After naptime it got worse. Kayden was being a little bit (a lot bit) of a diva and Addison was crying insistently for a cracker. Since Kayden was bouncing around, yelling horribly and climbing on the top part of the sofa (guess which two of those are not allowed in our house), I decided we should go outside to blow bubbles and release some energy. That was fun for the first ten minutes until Addison's withdrawal symptoms kicked in after not eating a cracker in a whopping twenty minutes. Kayden was happy outside though so we pushed through for another thirty minutes or so. After Kayden successfully dumped all of her bubble juice out and Addison removed her shoes and walked in the mud, we (meaning I) called it quits and promptly went inside and put Madagascar on (a movie I actually find funny too. Those penguins are freakin' hilarious.) I then sat on the sofa and played Bejeweled for the next hour and a half until my knight in shining armor arrived and rescued me.


And that's another thing! Why is it that the minute "Daddy" gets home, everything is suddenly like a story book tale? Why do the kids quit crying, fighting and breaking things the minute his key hits the door lock? I really make an effort to clean the house up everyday around 4:30 so that when Kevin gets home around 5:30 it looks nice. If nothing else I at least get to the kitchen and living room. That's the effort I make daily so that he doesn't have to walk into chaos. Oh and I try to have showered. I'm sure that's appreciate. Anyway, maybe the kids make an effort of their own too and settle down for a few minutes when he first gets home so he can walk into a peaceful environment instead of a war zone after a long day.   


Today was a better day than yesterday for the most part. After picking Kayden up from school we went to the playground in the mall for an hour and then came home to make what Kayden has decided to call "hot dog rollies". It was my first time to make them and it will definitely not be the last. They are super easy and pretty tasty. Canned croissant rolls, hot dogs, cheese, roll them together, bake at 375ยบ for 12 minutes. Done. I'm sure half of you have made these before but if you haven't they're worth a try. 

I never said they were pretty but they are yummy! 

After naptime we have some errands to run and that always helps the last half of the day (my day countdown ends when Kevin gets home from work) go by quickly. I guess as moms sometimes we just have to find those little things that save us for even just a moment from the craziness we live it everyday -whether that something is a brownie, a new pair of shoes, or a couple hot dog rollies.

So for today, post and tell me about a time your kids almost got listed for sale on the Internet. I promise not to report you if you don't report me

3 comments:

  1. I am sure I have written about a day like that at some point. I'm too lazy to find it though! I'm glad today is better.

    What makes me crazy is when I leave and then come back and the instant I am in the door the kids start whining and crying. Travis will swear they were totally fine and not asking for anything the whole time I was gone. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin has it made. We call the hour that Dave gets home the "bewitching hour." Even if the kids were great all day long, they instantaneously get whiny, crabby, desperate, starved, awful about 15 min before Dad arrives. It's worse when I have the audacity to neglect them to cook dinner. Just enough time for me to be thoroughly frazzled when Dave walks in. Welcome home, honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Nicole, that is the WORST!!!! I can't believe I left that out of this post! What is up with them when they do that!?

    Dianne, Addison has a 15 minutes meltdown every day right before Kevin gets home too. Usually because, like you, I "neglect" them and start dinner. She quits usually before he gets home though and if not then definitely she'll quit when he walks in the door. I am usually frazzled too from just dealing with that but at least the house (usually) look half way decent....of course today I'm responding to you guys instead of cleaning so today might be a different story!

    ReplyDelete