Friday, January 6, 2012

Duck Ponds and Guava Fruit

Sissy is my older sister. When I was little I couldn't say her name (Patty) so I just called her Sissy. That stuck and now 20+ years later she has become Aunt Sissy to my girls.

Here she is looking gorgeous. That's me on the left....I'm the one that looks just like Kayden. The little hairy one on the right is my other sister Kelly. Don't worry, she grew out of looking like an old man. 


Today, the girls and I had the privilege of hanging out with her all afternoon. She came over in time for us to go pick Kayden up from school together. From there we headed off to Braum's to grab some lunch and then took off for the duck pond. We tried the pond over off of Teasley at Eureka Park but quite frankly, it sucked. There were like 8 ducks there but they were lazy and tired and couldn't care less that we were throwing delicious, day old hot-dogs buns at them. Not only that, but there were also two obnoxious seagulls (I'm sorry, are we in Galveston?) who kept hovering and squawking and threatening to poop on us.

Look at them, just ignoring us like that. Jerks. 


So we left. Too bad for you, stuck-up ducks, we'll just go to a better duck pond! So, we drove across town to the duck pond off to I-35 over by the new Apogee Stadium. (Plug for Nicole: You should go see a game there sometime everyone!). The ducks there were much less high and mighty (obviously because they are UNT fans) and throughly enjoyed our bread....when the blasted seagull that was there (again, this is Denton, right?!) didn't scare them away and steal it. It was a wonderful day and we all had a blast.

I know Kayden looks terrified and sad in this picture but I assure you she had fun. This was at the end of our time at the duck pond and she was really upset to have to leave. 


So yay for a fun day with the girls and my sister. Now, I am so looking forward to a dinner date with my bestie, Amanda. She's fabulous and I'm sure we will shut the restaurant down and get kicked out before we're done talking. That's the greatest thing about spending time with a best friend isn't it? The fact that time just disappears when you're together.

Here's us. Yeah, we know we're awesome. Oh and here's a little tip - if you've ever thought of using a guava fruit, yogurt and "other random food items all mixed together" face mask....don't. It'll stain your face orange even if Amanda says it won't. 



Until tomorrow....unless Amanda and I are still at the restaurant blabbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment