Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tales of Addison

So last night Addison decided to catapult herself out of the bathtub. Yes, that is truly exactly what happened. She threw her rubber duckie out of the tub (her favorite new game) and decided rather than leave it there on the floor lonely and cold, she'd stand up, lean over the edge of the tub, and retrieve it. Of course, in attempting to do so, she fell right out of the tub and onto the linoleum flooring. Now, this wouldn't have been too bad had the bath mat been there to soften her fall. However it was not. The bath mat was in the washer. Why was it in the washer? Because not 10 minutes before Addison's face plant, she had so sophisticatedly tinkled on it. Anyway, since she was soaking wet she went sliding right across the floor like a baby seal. Of course there was much crying and Kayden even stared to cry a little bit out of fear for her baby sissy. She quickly calmed down though when I assured her that Addison was not hurt and just simply scared. I was wrong though. Addison wasn't badly hurt but she did manage to give herself her very first little injury. A little bit of a bloody nose, a red bump on her forehead and somehow a scratch on her left arm. 


As her mommy this whole incident that caused my baby pain was really sad. And yet, at the same time, along with the sadness, I find myself giggling about it. I think I find it humorous simply because this was so an "Addison thing" to do. Without an ounce fear or any regard for pain, she set out to do exactly what she had set her mind to - and that was to get back her duckie! I know throughout the years there will be many more stories like this one. I'm sure some will be funny, others maybe not so much and some (if not most) will more than likely require a trip to the ER for a cast or stitches....I know though that regardless of the details, all of these "tales of Addison" will be memorable. Addison will make sure of that much. 

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen this picture of Addison!!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris! I took it right after her big crash to document her first real "boo-boo". :]

    ReplyDelete