Monday, May 9, 2011

Your Turn

So for those of you that noticed, yes, I missed and didn't blog the last two days. Sorry that I slacked off. I really didn't have anything to write about though. Kayden spent the night with my parents Saturday night so any humor that she could have provided for a blog was shared only with my parents and yesterday when I wasn't napping I was either eating or at church. Obviously all of you, my followers, missed out on an extremely eventful weekend. Quite frankly I really still don't have anything specific to write about today either but I figured I'd try to just start typing and hopefully something will just create itself on the page. So let's get right to it.....

Welp, after staring at this blank screen for a few minutes I've still got nothin'. So I'm going to leave the writing up to you guys today. Here's my question for the day:

What is your favorite thing to do, either as a mom or just as a woman, to get away from it all? "It" specifically meaning your kids, husband, school, job, etc.

My favorite thing is just getting out of the house. The specifics don't really matter too much. When I start reaching the end of my rope I love spending a day out with a friend pretending like we have money to shop, going to lunch with my sister, or getting all dolled up for date night with my hubby. There are times too when I just want to do something alone though and it's times that those that I enjoy running up to the church for confession, making a grocery store run by myself or heading to TJ Maxx or Target to return stuff that I'm sure to have awaiting me in my car. (I'm the queen of returns. I think I need an entire entry dedicated to that. Not kidding.) I look forward to hearing about your escapes from the sometimes mundaneness of life! Thanks for reading. Until tomorrow....

6 comments:

  1. I ran out of stuff to say a long time ago but somehow keep posting. ;)

    I like to take a book and go to a restaurant and eat by myself and read for as long as I want. Or I like to go shopping, but that is not as fun when you are trying to be frugal and sometimes you need a friend to do that. Hey--maybe we should go shopping together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should totally go shopping together! It'll be a great get away and we'll both be able to keep each other in check as far as money -or lack there of-goes. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeannie mcculloughMay 10, 2011 at 4:36 PM

    My favorite days include...walking with Patty, Chilis with Katie or yogurt with Kelly. My favorite Saturday afternoons are spent on the gravel driveway, watching Kayden put rocks in a bucket. My favorite thing to watch is Addison eating like a little piggy or Micah goofing around with Hebo or Javin. My favorite evenings are quietly spent hanging out with David - doing whatever we want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome Mom! Thanks for posting :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing to do, when I'm not working, being a mom or being a wife is... wait... time exists outside of those things? I guess I haven't found that time yet. :) - Janel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Janel! I'm sure there at tons of moms that feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete